Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    JBarnes81
    Participant

The Suzuki thing has to be locked in at this point right? I think the PC Kawi pic from last week was just bc he’s having so much fun with the media/fan talk. If there was a Genuine or privateer Honda effort we would have already caught wind by now I think.

Hear me out here… I think they haven’t announced yet because Suzuki is building a prototype electric start for Ken’s bike to run in SX. If he could put that thing on the podium a couple times and they updated nothing but an e-start on that 450 for next year Suzuki automatically sells a couple thousand more bikes. Am I wrong? Is that even legal for him to run a prototype e-start? Does one rider of his caliber have that much pull for a manufacturer who’s all but given up?
      I’m just having fun spit balling here…

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by JBarnes81.
      Bowser977
      Keymaster
        On JBarnes81 said

The Suzuki thing has to be locked in at this point right? I think the PC Kawi pic from last week was just bc he’s having so much fun with the media/fan talk. If there was a Genuine or privateer Honda effort we would have already caught wind by now I think.

Hear me out here… I think they haven’t announced yet because Suzuki is building a prototype electric start for Ken’s bike to run in SX. If he could put that thing on the podium a couple times and they updated nothing but an e-start on that 450 for next year Suzuki automatically sells a couple thousand more bikes. Am I wrong? Is that even legal for him to run a prototype e-start? Does one rii oh see if his caliber have that much pull for a manufacturer who’s all but given up?

I am hearing there will be a KR announcement this coming week and it sounds like it is Suzuki under a separate truck for HEP.

AH387
        Participant
          On JBarnes81 said

Hear me out here… I think they haven’t announced yet because Suzuki is building a prototype electric start for Ken’s bike to run in SX. If he could put that thing on the podium a couple times and they updated nothing but an e-start on that 450 for next year Suzuki automatically sells a couple thousand more bikes. Am I wrong? Is that even legal for him to run a prototype e-start? Does one rider of his caliber have that much pull for a manufacturer who’s all but given up?

They would need to put 400 units into production for sale, for that to be legal. I don’t think they can run prototype engine cases.

Bowser, is it still supposed to be him pitting with the 250 team, which is the Progressive bikes, correct? (Not the Twisted Tea 450s.)

Bowser977
          Keymaster
            On AH387 said
            On JBarnes81 said

They would need to put 400 units into production for sale, for that to be legal. I don’t think they can run prototype engine cases.

Bowser, is it still supposed to be him pitting with the 250 team, which is the Progressive bikes, correct? (Not the Twisted Tea 450s.)

That is what it sounds like, due to his Redbull conflict with twisted tea.

AH387
            Participant
              On Bowser977 said
              On AH387 said
              On JBarnes81 said

That is what it sounds like, due to his Redbull conflict with twisted tea.

Cool. Ya that makes sense then. Gotta think the announce something really soon. It’s getting late for KR to be testing and settled in with a new team. Supposedly they sent him bikes to FL like a week or so ago but still seems like he is behind the curve for preparation. I wish him luck.

AxlBundy
              Participant

RC during his last days with Suzuki let it slip a few times that they did have a new bike in the works and estart was coming. Then his relationship ended with Zuki and I havent seen any blurbs or info since.

Ping, ask RC what he saw

AH387
                Participant

Official now. Good for KR. Looks like he’s keeping Redbull and Fox too.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.