Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Bowser977
    Keymaster

Looks like he is testing out the HEP Suzuki.

AH387
      Participant

Lol he certainly has been the biggest offseason story.

AxlBundy
        Participant

exciting though! fun to be a fan seeing Kenny doing all the things you would never see in public. I bet it had to be cool for Mitch Payton to have a rider of Kenny’s caliber farting around on one of his bikes for Straight Rhythm. Not that Mitch hasnt worked with a who’s who of the MX HOF

Bowser977
          Keymaster

I am sure he is enjoying himself being able to test Club MX Yamaha, Genuine Honda, Stark, HEP, etc.

Bowser977
            Keymaster

dpingree101
              Keymaster
                On AxlBundy said

exciting though! fun to be a fan seeing Kenny doing all the things you would never see in public. I bet it had to be cool for Mitch Payton to have a rider of Kenny’s caliber farting around on one of his bikes for Straight Rhythm. Not that Mitch hasnt worked with a who’s who of the MX HOF

That was actually the Whiskey Throttle Media bike… Mitch just helped tune it.

AxlBundy
                Participant

What I found interesting was your description of the power delivery on the bike and then thinking about how Kenny (more so in outdoors) is so smooth, and riding a gear higher. Seemed like that 2t would be the exact opposite of what you’d expect from Kenny.

AH387
                  Participant
                    On Bowser977 said

The bike looks incredible. He obviously looks very cool on it. I find it interesting that they supposedly have a decent salary structure for him, if he joins that team. I just wonder if the bike is really up to par. Suzuki faithful don’t attack me over that comment, I love yellow bikes, but it’s a fair question lol.

It seemed like the ClubMX deal was everything he wanted, I’m shocked that it fell through. But if all else fails, I’m sure he can put some sort of individual deal together with Kawis and Mitch will make sure his bikes are top notch.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Bowser977.
                    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by AH387.
                    JBarnes81
                    Participant

I’m not sure that yellow bike is up to the task either, but I think he could grab a win or two on it. I definitely miss his style on it from the RCH days.
                      I know it’s impossible to tell, especially since he was only riding at 60-70% on the video provided… but he didn’t look all that comfortable on the ClubMX Yamaha to me. Don’t get me wrong, Kenny could make a shopping cart look smooth on a sx track, but he just didn’t look to have that flow he always has on everything else.

Whatever he winds up on though, I’m just happy the dudes still in it and we get to watch. A generational talent for sure. I get so tired of hearing the social keyboard warriors hate on a guy that has accomplished more than most by age 20.

Bowser977
                      Keymaster
                        On JBarnes81 said

I’m not sure that yellow bike is up to the task either, but I think he could grab a win or two on it. I definitely miss his style on it from the RCH days.
                        I know it’s impossible to tell, especially since he was only riding at 60-70% on the video provided… but he didn’t look all that comfortable on the ClubMX Yamaha to me. Don’t get me wrong, Kenny could make a shopping cart look smooth on a sx track, but he just didn’t look to have that flow he always has on everything else.

Whatever he winds up on though, I’m just happy the dudes still in it and we get to watch. A generational talent for sure. I get so tired of hearing the social keyboard warriors hate on a guy that has accomplished more than most by age 20.

Roczen is a special talent and can make any bike look good. I would be surprised if he ended up on yellow, but I think everyone is guessing at where he will end up. If I was a betting man, I would say Firepower / Genuine Honda.

AH387
                        Participant
                          On Bowser977 said
                          On JBarnes81 said

Roczen is a special talent and can make any bike look good. I would be surprised if he ended up on yellow, but I think everyone is guessing at where he will end up. If I was a betting man, I would say Firepower / Genuine Honda.

The HEP deal sounds like they really went all-out for him. Pay sounds good, they moved around some of the sponsors so he can run the Progressive logo, along with their 250 guys, to not conflict with RedBull. So the other 450 guys run Twisted Tea. Plus, just that team getting outside sponsors is really cool. To me, that would be very attractive, which is why I think the bike is the only question mark. Of course there are probably details that we don’t know about.

Is he testing the PC built Kawis today, supposedly?

JBarnes81
                          Participant
                            On AH387 said
                            On Bowser977 said
                            On JBarnes81 said

The HEP deal sounds like they really went all-out for him. Pay sounds good, they moved around some of the sponsors so he can run the Progressive logo, along with their 250 guys, to not conflict with RedBull. So the other 450 guys run Twisted Tea. Plus, just that team getting outside sponsors is really cool. To me, that would be very attractive, which is why I think the bike is the only question mark. Of course there are probably details that we don’t know about.

Is he testing the PC built Kawis today, supposedly?

Not sure if he tested PC Kawi but I’d love to see some video of that as well!! Been following this sport since ’93 and we’ve never seen any big names test bikes in the off season like this. I understand most can’t publicize it because of contracts and all, but it’s pretty fun to watch!

Bowser977
                            Keymaster

I would anticipate a Roczen signing announcement soon.

AH387
                              Participant

Very interesting.  The bike must’ve been pretty good.

Bowser977
                                Keymaster
                                  On AH387 said

Very interesting.  The bike must’ve been pretty good.

I don’t think it will be with Suzuki, I just anticipate a signing with someone here soon so he can get the ball rolling for A1 prep.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.