Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    dpingree101
    Keymaster

Just heard from a good source that Chase Sexton has signed a multi-year deal with Red Bull/KTM for 2024 and beyond. That has been whispered for awhile now, but the ink is dry. KTM were also considering bringing Roczen back but decided against it after he declined to take a drug test following the last round of the WSX series. Interesting that he would refuse… and for what? That leaves Roczen out at any factory team and most likely to stay with the Honda team he rode for in WSX or taking the money to ride for HEP Suzuki. Thoughts??

Bowser977
      Keymaster
        On dpingree101 said

Just heard from a good source that Chase Sexton has signed a multi-year deal with Red Bull/KTM for 2024 and beyond. That has been whispered for awhile now, but the ink is dry. KTM were also considering bringing Roczen back but decided against it after he declined to take a drug test following the last round of the WSX series. Interesting that he would refuse… and for what? That leaves Roczen out at any factory team and most likely to stay with the Honda team he rode for in WSX or taking the money to ride for HEP Suzuki. Thoughts??

I am surprised Honda is going to let Sexton go, but I am guessing they won’t be able to afford Sexton and Jett money wise. I imagine Sextons price went up significantly after this year and Red Bull KTM stepped up. I also think this means Webb is out at KTM in 2024?

I think you are right with Roczen, it’s either Honda with Fire Power or Suzuki with HEP.

TheArdenB
        Participant

It’s a wild sport man…

sexton should be great on orange  but does this mean he’s going to train with Aldon?

considering the extensive list of injuries KR has endured, I’m not surprised about his decision. I just hope it works out for him. We need the diversity at the front of the pack.

Willma-Fingerdo
          Participant

Sextons 2023 Honda

originalgeoff
            Participant

The jet Lawrence heat is real and I’m willing to bet Chase is already feeling it. He’s a quiet reserved guy and well Jett is ………

The drug testing i the sport is a joke honestly. I’m sure KR knew he was on vacation and maybe was hanging out with Emig.😂😂😂😂

AH387
              Participant

I’m not shocked that Sexton would go elsewhere. I think him and Jett under the same tent would be tough. I thought Chase may have gone to Star just because of his personal sponsorship with Monster. So going to KTM was a bit of a shock. But it’s a great move by KTM. I’m sure they paid him a lot of $ but they locked up 1 of top young guys. Great info, thanks for sharing.

The KR drug test thing is kind of wild. I do think he will contend for wins on the Suzuki though. I’m excited for it.

J. Sloan
                Participant

Well, the dweebs at vital have chimed in on Pingree’s claims about Sexton, and more specifically, Kenny Roczen.  ML512 had this to say: 

With the way a few things have gone I don’t feel the need to help promote his new venture and nothing requires us to. In his case, you make your bed and you sleep in it.

Apparently, Ping has been suspended there, and I also believe he has no media access at the races.  I guess for some, the truth is not tolerable.  But for a guy who drove a race team straight into the ground, and left lingering questions about his financial liabilities and responsibilities, as well as his integrity and use of money, that last bit about making your bed and sleeping in is gold.  His reward?  A new job at vital where he is now chief douche bag amongst the simpleton chode mongrel cool boys club.

As for the topic…Looks like Jett will be the new top gun at Honda, and Sexton will get paid big to go elsewhere if he chooses.  As for Kenny…well his  manager straight said contradictory statements about Kenny’s drug test, so I think that says a lot.

IHaveAChocolateLab
                  Participant

I live a quarter mile from the Baker Factory, I don’t blame Chase for going there. I see him cycling in Clermont when he is here. I see all the guys cycling and around town after hours.

Ping, it’s time to move the family and you to freedom. Let me know, I’m a real estate broker and can help.

JBarnes81
                    Participant

I would never condone Kenny using something that he straight up knew was illegal for any health advantage, but good for him refusing. He saw first hand what the confusion and horrible timelines did to Tickle and Stewart’s careers and wants to finish on his terms.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by JBarnes81.
                      mxgeoff
                      Participant
                        On J. Sloan said

Well, the dweebs at vital have chimed in on Pingree’s claims about Sexton, and more specifically, Kenny Roczen.  ML512 had this to say:

With the way a few things have gone I don’t feel the need to help promote his new venture and nothing requires us to. In his case, you make your bed and you sleep in it.

Apparently, Ping has been suspended there, and I also believe he has no media access at the races.  I guess for some, the truth is not tolerable.  But for a guy who drove a race team straight into the ground, and left lingering questions about his financial liabilities and responsibilities, as well as his integrity and use of money, that last bit about making your bed and sleeping in is gold.  His reward?  A new job at vital where he is now chief douche bag amongst the simpleton chode mongrel cool boys club.

As for the topic…Looks like Jett will be the new top gun at Honda, and Sexton will get paid big to go elsewhere if he chooses.  As for Kenny…well his  manager straight said contradictory statements about Kenny’s drug test, so I think that says a lot.

This must be where all the naughty boys from vitalmx end up? This isn’t hell is it?

Bowser977
                        Keymaster
                          On mxgeoff said
                          On J. Sloan said

This must be where all the naughty boys from vitalmx end up? This isn’t hell is it?

Far from it! Welcome to the other side .

magoofan
                          Participant
                            On Willma-Fingerdo said

Sextons 2023 Honda

I’ll take that bike….

Can’t believe HRC is letting Sexton go….he’s going to be a marque guy.

Roczen….  I’ll always be a fan, but I think he’s done when it comes to getting a title.     Would love to see him bring some shine back to Suzuki.

magoofan
                            Participant
                              On mxgeoff said
                              On J. Sloan said

I’m wondering how long before JSloan gets banned here too.

lol

Bowser977
                              Keymaster
                                On magoofan said
                                On mxgeoff said
                                On J. Sloan said

I’m wondering how long before JSloan gets banned here too.

lol

Let’s hope he’s not the first one I have to click 😂.

Bowser977
                                Keymaster
                                  On magoofan said
                                  On Willma-Fingerdo said

Sextons 2023 Honda

I’ll take that bike….

Can’t believe HRC is letting Sexton go….he’s going to be a marque guy.

Roczen….  I’ll always be a fan, but I think he’s done when it comes to getting a title.     Would love to see him bring some shine back to Suzuki.

Agree with it being crazy for HRC to let Sexton go, but don’t think they’ll be able to afford both him and Jett.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.