Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bowser977
    Keymaster

Bobby Hewitt will lead Triumph into Supercross & Motocross in 2024 starting with a 250 team. They will expand with a 450 team in 2025.

Triumph Motorcycles will enter the SuperMotocross World Championship at the start of the 2024 season, with the single-minded ambition and commitment to develop a championship winning team.

Triumph consulted Global Off-Road Ambassador Ricky Carmichael to achieve the vision. With the input from the greatest Supercross & Motocross racer of all time, Triumph has assembled a veteran team of managers with championship winning experience to helm the all-new United States based Triumph factory race team. The US motocross program, operating under the all-new global Triumph Racing banner, will be led by Team Principal Bobby Hewitt and Team Manager Stephen ‘Scuba’ Westfall. The team will be located at a dedicated new state-of-the-art private race facility in the USA.

The new Triumph Racing Factory Team will field its all-new Triumph 250cc 4-stroke MX bikes in the 2024 SuperMotocross World Championship, which is comprised of the Monster Energy Supercross World Championship and the Pro Motocross Championship, with three season-ending SuperMotocross rounds. For the 2025 season Triumph will additionally field its new 450cc bike in the SuperMotocross World Championship.

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/for-the-ride/news/racing/supermotocross-team-announcement-2022-12-13

dpingree101
      Keymaster

They have been super tight-lipped about the bike and even though they have great folks involved {RC and Bobby Hewitt}, I’m super skeptical about this. I wondered if the bike would be a KTM frame and engine with different plastic and livery? It would make the most sense. Look at what Fantic is doing with Yamaha’s YZ platform. I just can’t see how a start-up jumps into racing at this level and competes right away. Should be interesting to watch. Thoughts??

Bowser977
        Keymaster
          On dpingree101 said

They have been super tight-lipped about the bike and even though they have great folks involved {RC and Bobby Hewitt}, I’m super skeptical about this. I wondered if the bike would be a KTM frame and engine with different plastic and livery? It would make the most sense. Look at what Fantic is doing with Yamaha’s YZ platform. I just can’t see how a start-up jumps into racing at this level and competes right away. Should be interesting to watch. Thoughts??

I am curious as well. Would be quite a task to develop a bike from the ground up. I’ve heard a few rumors of a steel framed bike with KYB suspension but who knows how true that is.

JBarnes81
          Participant

Good people involved but that’s a lot of words and promises without actual info and facts. Leaves me a bit skeptical as well without a location of this state of the art hq or even a sketch of a prototype machine.

I’d love to be wrong though. More teams are always better.

Bowser977
            Keymaster
              On JBarnes81 said

Good people involved but that’s a lot of words and promises without actual info and facts. Leaves me a bit skeptical as well without a location of this state of the art hq or even a sketch of a prototype machine.

I’d love to be wrong though. More teams are always better.

It sounds like we will be getting more information in January.

Huddog378
              Participant

They said it will be like nothing we have ever seen. I’m pumped, the more manufacturers the better. They if nothing else have assembled a strong team. I mean, getting Dave Arnold for chassis development! He is one smart cookie!

magoofan
                Participant

Can’t see T putting out another “KTM” variant.      Not to mention they are in direct competition in a few other categories.       Really excited to see what they bring forth.

FWIW – Love my Tiger 900 Rally Pro….it’s a hell of a fantastic scooter.

Bowser977
                  Keymaster

I am excited to see what they announce next, it should be interesting.

drajshe
                    Participant

Remember when Cagiva went dirtbike racing?

Remember when Cannondale went dirtbike racing?

Remember when BMW went dirtbike racing?

Whoever thinks this is gonna last longer than an election cycle is a complete fool that should stop buying snake oils

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.