Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    drajshe
    Participant

Post here your thought of riders and the overall picture after the 2nd 2023 visit to the Angels Stadium:

#1 – God, I hate the triple crown so much… Three times the effort for the exact same prize must be the worst competition format in history.

#2 – Almost everything I said after A1 and SD got kicked out of the window including:
      · ET3 (6th) looking almost unbeatable
      · Yamaha-Star (1-3) having lost their mojo by having hired mediocre talent

#3 – My judgement of KR94 lacking long-running pace is still correct, had his best round so far with the one competition format that relies less on pace in a hard-to-pass design.

#4 – Also still correct about how Jason Anderson is doing well and that San Diego’s crash was either weird or a brainfart.

#5 – Savatgy is still almost better than Cianciarulo… DESPITE RIDING FOR MFing RICK WARE.

#6 – Disappointed at Colt45 being clearly outperformed by Craig Jr (29 vs 37).

#7 – Enzo Lopes’ consistently poor results almost make me think he was just lucky in San Diego, I hope I’m wrong.

SPECIAL NOTE – Nicoletti’s 2nd race made me wanna fill then chug a whole solo cup full of Clorox. If the “upcoming stars” of AMA Supercross can’t kick the shit out of late-career Nicoletti maybe the system is breeding idiots and it should be changed. Don’t get me wrong, Phil ain’t the problem. He’s actually a great bar and what drives me insane is how few “future heroes” are actually clearing it.

J. Sloan
      Participant
        On drajshe said

Post here your thought of riders and the overall picture after the 2nd 2023 visit to the Angels Stadium:

#1 – God, I hate the triple crown so much… Three times the effort for the exact same prize must be the worst competition format in history.

#2 – Almost everything I said after A1 and SD got kicked out of the window including:

#3 – My judgement of KR94 lacking long-running pace is still correct, had his best round so far with the one competition format that relies less on pace in a hard-to-pass design.

#4 – Also still correct about how Jason Anderson is doing well and that San Diego’s crash was either weird or a brainfart.

#5 – Savatgy is still almost better than Cianciarulo… DESPITE RIDING FOR MFing RICK WARE.

#7 – Enzo Lopes’ consistently poor results almost make me think he was just lucky in San Diego, I hope I’m wrong.

SPECIAL NOTE – Nicoletti’s 2nd race made me wanna fill then chug a whole solo cup full of Clorox. If the “upcoming stars” of AMA Supercross can’t kick the shit out of late-career Nicoletti maybe the system is breeding idiots and it should be changed. Don’t get me wrong, Phil ain’t the problem. He’s actually a great bar and what drives me insane is how few “future heroes” are actually clearing it.

On drajshe said

#6 Colt is 28 and Craig is 31.

Triple Crowns are hard to take anything away from regarding the season since they are outliers and not very indicative of the longer races.  I take them for what they are; one-off short races where weird things seem yo always happen.  Anderson is once again making enemies (this time Webb), so he now has a target on his back with Webb and Barcia looking out for him.  It’s going to cost him sooner or later and he will have no one to blame but himself.

Once things resume to normal, your main guys will still be Jett in the 250’s and Tomac, Webb, and Sexton in the 450’s.  It is nice seeing Webb back up to pace, and since I am from the PNW it was awesome seeing Kitchen get that win.  Now what I really hope for is for PC to give Carson Brown a call and let him race some 250 sx.

drajshe
        Participant
          On J. Sloan said

Triple Crowns are hard to take anything away from regarding the season since they are outliers and not very indicative of the longer races.  I take them for what they are; one-off short races where weird things seem yo always happen.  Anderson is once again making enemies (this time Webb), so he now has a target on his back with Webb and Barcia looking out for him.  It’s going to cost him sooner or later and he will have no one to blame but himself.

Once things resume to normal, your main guys will still be Jett in the 250’s and Tomac, Webb, and Sexton in the 450’s.  It is nice seeing Webb back up to pace, and since I am from the PNW it was awesome seeing Kitchen get that win.  Now what I really hope for is for PC to give Carson Brown a call and let him race some 250 sx.

The “29 vs 37” was the points during the night using the Olympic/MxdN scoring system they use for the 3-race format. While they were back-to-back in the end, Craig Jr was actually way better than Nichols in A2.

I despite the 3-race format a lot, it’s pure rallycross-like fluff made for ADHD kids and the organizers often combine it with course designs that allow for little passing. Worst format change since they brought the semis back (THANKFULLY) for a short while. I wouldn’t mind the occasional motocross-style doubleheader night as long as both gave full points since that’d give us plenty of drama with championship contenders having to make more calculated moves on the 1st main to avoid getting a double zero and losing up to 50 points in a single night.

Tomac, Webb and Sexton are probably the consistent top3 guys but Jason Anderson definitely has the speed and pace to be there. I’m no #TeamFried guy but some details in A1 and San Diego up to his very weird off-camera crash made me think he can spoil the other guys’ nights if things line up. I’m somewhat happy that Kitchen and Robertson had good nights because Yamaha-Star becoming a rider-based fluke of the past would be really sad. After losing Honda-Geico and with KTM-Red Bull slowing down, we 100% need a team that is able to pick/shit out great young guys on a routinely basis.

Bowser977
          Keymaster

A2 Triple Crown was very exciting, these triple crowns product a lot of drama from a fans perspective. It was also very cool seeing the SX future class run during the night show, I think that is a great addition.

250 Class

– Levi Kitchen – What a bounce back from Levi’s DNF last week when he went down off of the start. We know he has the speed, its just been the crashes that has set him back.

– Stilez Robertson – Great ride for Stilez. Getting the win in the 2nd main, and just being in the mix. Glad to see him get a podium on a regular supercross track as people only think he is good out daytona/outdoors.

– Jett Lawrence – Jett is clearly the fastest 250 rider on the west, but he continues to show that he is not consistent in these triple crown races.

450 Class

– Chase Sexton – Chase looked good all day, I had him picked for the win. He has his issues in the 2nd main, but I think he was the best guy on Saturday.

– Jason Anderson – Jason finally put it together and got on the box, I think this is what we expected out of Jason this year.

– Ken Roczen – Kenny has started this year off great. Everyone saying he doesn’t look the same on the Suzuki, but he has went 5,4,3 in the first three rounds.

J. Sloan
            Participant
              On drajshe said
              On J. Sloan said

The “29 vs 37” was the points during the night using the Olympic/MxdN scoring system they use for the 3-race format. While they were back-to-back in the end, Craig Jr was actually way better than Nichols in A2.

I despite the 3-race format a lot, it’s pure rallycross-like fluff made for ADHD kids and the organizers often combine it with course designs that allow for little passing. Worst format change since they brought the semis back (THANKFULLY) for a short while. I wouldn’t mind the occasional motocross-style doubleheader night as long as both gave full points since that’d give us plenty of drama with championship contenders having to make more calculated moves on the 1st main to avoid getting a double zero and losing up to 50 points in a single night.

Tomac, Webb and Sexton are probably the consistent top3 guys but Jason Anderson definitely has the speed and pace to be there. I’m no #TeamFried guy but some details in A1 and San Diego up to his very weird off-camera crash made me think he can spoil the other guys’ nights if things line up. I’m somewhat happy that Kitchen and Robertson had good nights because Yamaha-Star becoming a rider-based fluke of the past would be really sad. After losing Honda-Geico and with KTM-Red Bull slowing down, we 100% need a team that is able to pick/shit out great young guys on a routinely basis.

Sorry I missed that! I thought you were talking about age and was thinking  maybe you had a typo.  I feel dumb.  I like the triple crown, but only limited to maybe one race.  I think what would make it more exciting is a points spread for each moto instead of a combined for all three.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.