Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bowser977
    Keymaster

I know its early but this offseason will be very interesting to say the least. Lets take a look at the teams and who doesn’t have a contract secured for 2024. I think once the Sexton domino falls, many of the others will follow.

Honda HRC

• Chase Sexton in last year of contract (rumored to KTM in 2024
      • Colt Nichols in last year of SX only contract

KTM

• Cooper Webb in last year of contract
      • Marvin Musquin in last year of SX only contract
      • Aaron Plessinger in last year of contract

Rockstar Husky

• Malcom Stewart in last year of contract (although have heard rumors he will be back for 2024)

Gas Gas

• Justin Barcia in last year of contract

Monster Energy Kawasaki

• Jason Anderson in last year of contract

HEP Suzuki

• Ken Roczen will be done with his one year deal
      IHaveAChocolateLab
      Participant

Cooper Webb may be the domino, depending on how he does in the outdoors?!

Bowser977
        Keymaster
          On IHaveAChocolateLab said

Cooper Webb may be the domino, depending on how he does in the outdoors?!

Same with Tomac, now that he is racing the outdoors this year I wonder if next year is a possibility

IHaveAChocolateLab
          Participant

I’m not sure about Tomac?! Interesting possibility, but my gut says he retires at the end of the year. John didn’t hang on longer than he should’ve in bike racing (road and off-road), so influence may have an affect on Eli’s final decision on when to retire.

This will be one of the best silly seasons in years.

Bowser977
            Keymaster

The silly season just got a bit more “silly” now Tomac is out with injury. Wondering if he will want to return for 2024?

HarryG74
              Participant

Is it set in stone with Sexton going to KTM? If Honda was smart, they’d throw the checkbook at him. I also see Plessingee staying @ KTM along with Musquin; Webb will be going elsewhere in 2024.

Bowser977
                Keymaster
                  On HarryG74 said

Is it set in stone with Sexton going to KTM? If Honda was smart, they’d throw the checkbook at him. I also see Plessingee staying @ KTM along with Musquin; Webb will be going elsewhere in 2024.

On HarryG74 said

Pretty sure the Sexton to KTM is done.

Shimoda to Honda HRC 250 with Hunter going 450 in 2024.

Kitchen to PC

Vohland to Star

Webb to Star

Swoll to Triumph

Also hearing Ryder D to GasGas in Mosimans spot, which is really interesting

Huddog378
                  Participant

What about Beta! Colt Nichols and Benny Bloss for 2024!

Bowser977
                    Keymaster
                      On Huddog378 said

What about Beta! Colt Nichols and Benny Bloss for 2024!

Happy for both of those guys! It’s nice to see new manufacturers come into the sport and open up more rides!

Bowser977
                      Keymaster

A few updates that I’ve heard. These are just rumors, nothing set in stone.

Dylan Ferrandis – Out at Star Racing, searching for a ride with not a lot of luck which is surprising. Hearing he is talking with the HEP Suzuki guys, as well as potentially riding 250MX only for Triumph next year as they will not have a 450 ready.

Joey Savatgy – Similar to Dylan, hearing Joey could end up at Triumph on a 250MX only deal.

Max Vohland – Out at Redbull KTM. Originally was linked to Star Racing but those talks have died down and now its sounds like PC Kawi could be his home if they can get the budget to afford his salary.

Carson Mumford – Out at PC, hearing he will be at MCR for 2024.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.