Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dpingree101
    Keymaster

We are testing the YZ250 that KR raced today at Fox Raceway. Anything in particular you guys want to know about it?

AH387
      Participant

I’m sure you would touch on it anyways, but I would be curious now that it is built up if it retains any easy to ride quality that the stock one has (especially since the 22’s seem to run a little smoother than the old bikes.)

dpingree101
        Keymaster
          On AH387 said

I’m sure you would touch on it anyways, but I would be curious now that it is built up if it retains any easy to ride quality that the stock one has (especially since the 22’s seem to run a little smoother than the old bikes.)

We’ll find out in about an hour. Thanks for dropping by👊🏼

holeshot413
          Participant

I was curious how long it goes before a top end rebuild

i know it’s a rocket ship

Lillefty27
            Participant
              On AH387 said

I’ve heard back in the two stroke days, supercross riders used flywheel weights to help make the power smoother. Maybe that’s mainly to manage flat corners or 90 degree turns better? I have a flywheel on my YZ250 and I love how smooth my bike is. But I am a mere average joe not riding supercross lol

AH387
              Participant
                On Lillefty27 said
                On AH387 said

I’ve heard back in the two stroke days, supercross riders used flywheel weights to help make the power smoother. Maybe that’s mainly to manage flat corners or 90 degree turns better? I have a flywheel on my YZ250 and I love how smooth my bike is. But I am a mere average joe not riding supercross lol

Ya I have heard of that being a good solution, also. I always say I’m going to go back to a 250 2stroke, but I just feel like every time I ride one, they seem like such an adjustment (being used to 4 strokes now.) I assume the RBSR bike was built up pretty good to stack up with those Factory KTMs. So I would just be curious how much harder to ride it becomes (if any.)

Lillefty27
                Participant
                  On AH387 said
                  On Lillefty27 said
                  On AH387 said

Ya I have heard of that being a good solution, also. I always say I’m going to go back to a 250 2stroke, but I just feel like every time I ride one, they seem like such an adjustment (being used to 4 strokes now.) I assume the RBSR bike was built up pretty good to stack up with those Factory KTMs. So I would just be curious how much harder to ride it becomes (if any.)

That’s interesting to hear. I’ve been tempted recently to come over to the dark side aka 4 strokes lol! I’ve just never personally owned a thumper, and I should know what it’s like to own/ride modern day machinery. A 250f will probably be my next bike. But I do love my YZ250.

*Queue the die hard two stroke guy commenting “Worst decision you’ll ever make man! 2-strokes for life!”* 🤣

AH387
                  Participant
                    On Lillefty27 said

That’s interesting to hear. I’ve been tempted recently to come over to the dark side aka 4 strokes lol! I’ve just never personally owned a thumper, and I should know what it’s like to own/ride modern day machinery. A 250f will probably be my next bike. But I do love my YZ250.

*Queue the die hard two stroke guy commenting “Worst decision you’ll ever make man! 2-strokes for life!”* 🤣

250Fs are great. I do love mine. I’ve just gone back and forth about wanting to buy a YZ250 as a project bike, to buying a new one etc. And the ’22 had me kind of excited to grab a new one, but it’s been so long since I owned one lol. It’s tough to say, everyone is different. And I’d have a hard time not getting another 250F (or just giving up the one I own now) since I am so comfortable on them. And the ’21 YZF is probably the most comfortable I’ve ever been on a bike. But Ping and Jay Clark both did ’22 YZ250 vs 250F vids and the 2stroke sounded intriguing. And then you watch RBSR and see all the 2strokes and they get you all hyped, just because they are so cool lol.

Huddog378
                    Participant

I wouldn’t think they would put one on a bike where you want all the snap you can get. I have put them on some of my smokers in the past that were really fast for outdoors. But I could be wrong. That bike sure did look and sound bad ass ping!

dpingree101
                      Keymaster
                        On AH387 said
                        On Lillefty27 said

250Fs are great. I do love mine. I’ve just gone back and forth about wanting to buy a YZ250 as a project bike, to buying a new one etc. And the ’22 had me kind of excited to grab a new one, but it’s been so long since I owned one lol. It’s tough to say, everyone is different. And I’d have a hard time not getting another 250F (or just giving up the one I own now) since I am so comfortable on them. And the ’21 YZF is probably the most comfortable I’ve ever been on a bike. But Ping and Jay Clark both did ’22 YZ250 vs 250F vids and the 2stroke sounded intriguing. And then you watch RBSR and see all the 2strokes and they get you all hyped, just because they are so cool lol.

The cool thing is, it doesn’t have to be one or the other. Depending on the track and the day, I like both equally! If the traction is really good, you can’t beat a two stroke.. if it’s slick or at elevation or really hot, a four stroke is great because jetting is always perfect and they are easier to ride! The trick is to have both. 👊🏼

Lillefty27
                        Participant
                          On dpingree101 said
                          On AH387 said
                          On Lillefty27 said

The cool thing is, it doesn’t have to be one or the other. Depending on the track and the day, I like both equally! If the traction is really good, you can’t beat a two stroke.. if it’s slick or at elevation or really hot, a four stroke is great because jetting is always perfect and they are easier to ride! The trick is to have both. 👊🏼

I would love to keep the 2 stroke and just add a 250f to the stable. When the wife eventually says “No more bikes” I’ll hear it as “No, MORE bikes!” haha!

AH387
                          Participant
                            On Lillefty27 said
                            On dpingree101 said
                            On AH387 said
                            On Lillefty27 said

I would love to keep the 2 stroke and just add a 250f to the stable. When the wife eventually says “No more bikes” I’ll hear it as “No, MORE bikes!” haha!

Exactly. I have the 125, 250F, R6 and a PW50 is on the way. The wife probably doesnt approve of a new 23 250 2stroke unless something else goes. I’m sure after I see some content of the RBSR 250, ill be asking the wife anyways, just to see. Lol.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.