Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bowser977
    Keymaster

Looks like the weather will be in our favor this weekend, which is a good thing for Oakland. The 250 West class is back in action as well.

250 Class

• Jett – Will he bounce back and grab the top spot after a rough triple crown? I personally think unless Jett falls down, there isn’t anyone on the west who can match his speed.
      • RJ – Hopefully RJ is rested and recovered after that nasty crash at A2. If he is healthy, he is a shoe in for a podium.
      • Kitchen – Getting his first win at A2, will this give him the confidence to run with the top guys?
      • Stilez – Won a “main” at the triple crown in A2. If he can get his starts dialed in, he can contest for a podium.

450 Class

• Tomac – I don’t want to say Eli had one of those weird rides that come every so often, but that 5th place finish in Tampa was a bit confusing after what he has done at the first few rounds. Maybe we shouldn’t overreact, we will see this weekend how he rebounds.
      • Sexton – Man, I wonder if some of these races are hurting his confidence. He has been blazing fast but hasn’t been able to seal the deal in the past two races.
      • Webb – All onboard the Webb train? Last week Webb looked like the Webb of 2019 and 2021, if he continues looking this way we are in for a very good series.
      drajshe
      Participant

Some counterpoints (kinda)

· I don’t see Robertson having a great night, he only won by being less stupid than most

· Tomac probably didn’t like the traction conditions and decided to relax for the whole main event, which isn’t a stupid thing in a 17-round championship

· Webb and Sexton’s performance in Tampa was a one-off until proven otherwise and this also includes Roczen. While ET3 is very capable in the wet, maybe now he’s old enough to not bother trying, and then you got K-Roc and the rest doing great… in special conditions. When it comes to judging riders, Tampa should only count as a precedent if we find another somewhat-wet night in this season.

Bowser977
        Keymaster
          On drajshe said

· I don’t see Robertson having a great night, he only won by being less stupid than most

· Tomac probably didn’t like the traction conditions and decided to relax for the whole main event, which isn’t a stupid thing in a 17-round championship

· Webb and Sexton’s performance in Tampa was a one-off until proven otherwise and this also includes Roczen. While ET3 is very capable in the wet, maybe now he’s old enough to not bother trying, and then you got K-Roc and the rest doing great… in special conditions. When it comes to judging riders, Tampa should only count as a precedent if we find another somewhat-wet night in this season.

Good points. I’ll be curious to see how Tomac bounces back in Oakland. We know he is smart and doesn’t take too many chances as that has worked out well for him in the past.

Bowser977
          Keymaster
            On drajshe said

Good points. I’ll be curious to see how Tomac bounces back in Oakland. We know he is smart and doesn’t take too many chances as that has worked out well for him in the past.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.