Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dpingree101
    Keymaster

The Lord of the Idiots put up a post about Jo Shimoda going to Husqvarna next year. Let me ask you a question… how big is it that Japan FINALLY has a rider who can legitimately win races here in the US? Do you think that the major Japanese manufacturers would let him ride an Austrian brand to do so? Obviously Kawasaki is trying hard to keep him on green, but where does it make sense for him to land? Hmmm… his agent is Lucas Myrtle, who will be without his two primary 250 riders after this season; He obviously has a good relationship with Honda after working with the Lawrences. Jo Shimoda to Honda?  One thing is for certain… if Jo has another good run this summer he is going to command a lot of cash for 2024. Or yen, as it were. #ichiban

Bowser977
      Keymaster

I’ve heard the rumblings of Shimoda to HRC 250 with Hymas and Hunter moving up to 450 full time next year.

This silly season will be one of the best yet as contracts are up for most riders and the biggest domino to fall is whether Tomac comes back for 2024.

IHaveAChocolateLab
        Participant

I don’t see Shimoda going to one of the Austrian bikes? It would be cool to see him practicing, cycling and around town. I live a quarter of a mile down the road from the Baker’s Factory so I see the guys all the time riding and cycling. Sometimes around town in restaurants.

I used to run into Jason Anderson sneaking off and going to Moe’s Southwestern Grill, you can bet Aldon wasn’t aware of it?! LOL!

J. Sloan
          Participant
            On dpingree101 said

The Lord of the Idiots put up a post about Jo Shimoda going to Husqvarna next year. Let me ask you a question… how big is it that Japan FINALLY has a rider who can legitimately win races here in the US? Do you think that the major Japanese manufacturers would let him ride an Austrian brand to do so? Obviously Kawasaki is trying hard to keep him on green, but where does it make sense for him to land? Hmmm… his agent is Lucas Myrtle, who will be without his two primary 250 riders after this season; He obviously has a good relationship with Honda after working with the Lawrences. Jo Shimoda to Honda?  One thing is for certain… if Jo has another good run this summer he is going to command a lot of cash for 2024. Or yen, as it were. #ichiban

Well, you seemed to have irked the minions of the Lord of Idiots over at vitalmx.  There are pissing all over you in a thread, which is ironic because their fearless leader ran a team into ground, took money, failed to deliver the goods, and got rewarded with a job and all the wankers over there judging you have conveniently turned a blind eye to it all.  I’m all about people voicing their opinions, but if they are going to sh*t on a person, then at least let them defend themselves on said forum. Sad that forum chooses to tear down moto brothers.

As far as Shimoda…I think he’ll do what he feels is in the best interest for his career, financially and otherwise.

J. Sloan
            Participant
              On IHaveAChocolateLab said

I don’t see Shimoda going to one of the Austrian bikes? It would be cool to see him practicing, cycling and around town. I live a quarter of a mile down the road from the Baker’s Factory so I see the guys all the time riding and cycling. Sometimes around town in restaurants.

I used to run into Jason Anderson sneaking off and going to Moe’s Southwestern Grill, you can bet Aldon wasn’t aware of it?! LOL!

Baker gets a lot of criticism, but he also gets a lot of results.

Bowser977
              Keymaster
                On J. Sloan said
                On dpingree101 said

Well, you seemed to have irked the minions of the Lord of Idiots over at vitalmx.  There are pissing all over you in a thread, which is ironic because their fearless leader ran a team into ground, took money, failed to deliver the goods, and got rewarded with a job and all the wankers over there judging you have conveniently turned a blind eye to it all.  I’m all about people voicing their opinions, but if they are going to sh*t on a person, then at least let them defend themselves on said forum. Sad that forum chooses to tear down moto brothers.

As far as Shimoda…I think he’ll do what he feels is in the best interest for his career, financially and otherwise.

The appeal of the HRC 250 ride is that they get to have their own boot, gear, goggle, helmet deals etc. Teams like PC, Star, Rockstar Husky all have team deals so I imagine if Shimoda has an offer from HRC he would likely move there.

J. Sloan
                Participant
                  On Bowser977 said
                  On J. Sloan said
                  On dpingree101 said

The appeal of the HRC 250 ride is that they get to have their own boot, gear, goggle, helmet deals etc. Teams like PC, Star, Rockstar Husky all have team deals so I imagine if Shimoda has an offer from HRC he would likely move there.

Shimoda on a Honda would be a good change of pace.  PC has really had a rough go lately.

IHaveAChocolateLab
                  Participant
                    On J. Sloan said

On J. Sloan said

I don’t get the criticism?! The facility is beautiful, they use berms and trees to mitigate the sound.  You never hear anything negative around town. They are an asset to the area. I believe most the of the criticism is based solely on jealousy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.