Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Piston Slap
    Participant

Roczen on green or blue for SX?  Ping, whats the scoop?

AH387
      Participant

I feel like ClubMX makes the most sense. That would be my guess. Should be interesting to see what he does.

Piston Slap
        Participant

Put that on the list of “Things I never thought I’d ever see.”

Next MCR?  lol

Funny how Yamaha has shit tons of support money and riders now.

dpingree101
          Keymaster

I don’t know… pit  gossip isn’t my thing. I’ll bet he liked that Yamaha tho… blue would be my guess.

Bowser977
            Keymaster
              On dpingree101 said

I don’t know… pit  gossip isn’t my thing. I’ll bet he liked that Yamaha tho… blue would be my guess.

At first I heard green, but now I am hearing potentially HEP Suzuki. I would be surprised if he went the Suzuki route, so my bets are on green or blue.

MrSoup251
              Participant

I think whatever he does, he needs to get off that Honda. Ride something that kick starts your mojo kind of like what happened to Eli and Jason. Switched and cam on fire. I’d love to see him on a Kawasaki and I think it would suit him well I just don’t think he could get the support from them since he’s a die hard redbull athlete. He’d have to do his own thing and even then if Mitch builds him what he needs would it ruffle feathers with monster, PCs title sponsor? Who knows. I guess only time will tell.

JBarnes81
                Participant

Maybe he shouldn’t jump off the Honda just yet considering what we just watched in Paris? No one else has been able to catch and/or pass and beat Tomac 3 or 4 times straight up like that this year.

AH387
                  Participant
                    On JBarnes81 said

Maybe he shouldn’t jump off the Honda just yet considering what we just watched in Paris? No one else has been able to catch and/or pass and beat Tomac 3 or 4 times straight up like that this year.

I was under the impression that the USA team (Firepower or whichever support team the same guy owns here in the states) can’t afford to pay him. And corporate Honda already said they would not help him with parts or bonus money. So he would make way less money here if he stays on Honda. If he rides for Club (for example) he will at least get some help from Yamaha and potentially bonus money etc. So if that is true, I assume that has to be factoring in. I obviously am just going by what the rumor is, I personally do not know. But it makes sense, if true.

Bowser977
                    Keymaster
                      On JBarnes81 said

I would be REALLY surprised to see him on a red bike in 2023 SX.

JBarnes81
                      Participant
                        On AH387 said
                        On JBarnes81 said

I was under the impression that the USA team (Firepower or whichever support team the same guy owns here in the states) can’t afford to pay him. And corporate Honda already said they would not help him with parts or bonus money. So he would make way less money here if he stays on Honda. If he rides for Club (for example) he will at least get some help from Yamaha and potentially bonus money etc. So if that is true, I assume that has to be factoring in. I obviously am just going by what the rumor is, I personally do not know. But it makes sense, if true.

That’s true. Honda will DEFINITELY get pissy and not help with parts. They’ll even strongarm other reputable suspension and hardware companies away from you if they’re mad at a rider or team. We’ve seen it too many times in the past.

JBarnes81
                        Participant
                          On Bowser977 said
                          On JBarnes81 said

I agree. It was just crazy how much flow and speed he had.
                          I’m a bit shocked there’s been zero interest with any of the Austrian brands (seemingly from either side). I guess that bridge was burned for good after leaving KTM for RCH…?

Bowser977
                          Keymaster
                            On JBarnes81 said
                            On Bowser977 said
                            On JBarnes81 said

I’m a bit shocked there’s been zero interest with any of the Austrian brands (seemingly from either side). I guess that bridge was burned for good after leaving KTM for RCH…?

He did look really good in Paris, especially in the whoops where he seemed to struggle with this year in SX. After hearing certain things, he may stay on a Honda with the Honda Genuine Team. Sounds like its still up in the air.

bc_261
                            Keymaster

I say orange pill! Or at least a generic version of the same medicine ala Gas Gas/Husky…..

We’ll see. Interesting situation to say the least.

AH387
                              Participant
                                On Bowser977 said
                                On JBarnes81 said
                                On Bowser977 said
                                On JBarnes81 said

He did look really good in Paris, especially in the whoops where he seemed to struggle with this year in SX. After hearing certain things, he may stay on a Honda with the Honda Genuine Team. Sounds like its still up in the air.

Are you able to share that info about the potential Honda deal? That woukd be wild if he stayed in Honda. Plus, I’d be curious who is going to pay him?

Bowser977
                                Keymaster
                                  On AH387 said
                                  On Bowser977 said
                                  On JBarnes81 said
                                  On Bowser977 said
                                  On JBarnes81 said

Are you able to share that info about the potential Honda deal? That woukd be wild if he stayed in Honda. Plus, I’d be curious who is going to pay him?

Roczen actually discussed this on the pulp mx post race interviews as well, basically saying he feels comfortable on the Honda now that he can change whatever he wants on the bike with no restrictions. Not sure if the Fire Power Honda / Honda Genuine Racing can cover his salary but it sounds like its a possibility he stays there, but I am sure he is still exploring other options. I would expect a decision soon though since we are less than 8 weeks from A1.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.