Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    J. Sloan
    Participant

A lot of takes on the second (third?)…Jett is Jett and Tomac is Tomac.  Everything else is what’s really interesting to me.

5. Dylan Ferrandis.  Another “meh” ride for his abilities and talent.  He can be the fastest guy out there with his talent, but he doesn’t seem to be gelling with sx on the 450.

4. Max Vohland.  He’s making too many mistakes for being three seasons in. Some have said that he doesn’t deserve a factory ride at this point, but I wouldn’t go that far.  RV and Roczen both failed to make mains as factory riders.  The idea here is not to compare Max to RV or Roczen, but to make the point that even if riders like RV and Kenny can fail to make the main, anyone can.  Having said that, Max needs better results to keep his factory ride.

3. Mookie.  It just seems to be the same old song and dance. So much talent, but results are inconsistent and the result of crashes.

2. Chase Sexton.  He needs to be up front battling for wins, and he’s not.

1. Jason Anderson.  Last season, Jason engaged in spats with a few riders and it cost him points. It seems he hasn’t learned much.  It’s time to focus on the championship, and going on Twitter and talking crap on Barcia is not a smart move in my opinion.  In the end, Jason ended up on the ground and Barcia on the podium.

Any thoughts to share?

drajshe
      Participant
        On J. Sloan said

A lot of takes on the second (third?)…Jett is Jett and Tomac is Tomac.  Everything else is what’s really interesting to me.

5. Dylan Ferrandis.  Another “meh” ride for his abilities and talent.  He can be the fastest guy out there with his talent, but he doesn’t seem to be gelling with sx on the 450.

4. Max Vohland.  He’s making too many mistakes for being three seasons in. Some have said that he doesn’t deserve a factory ride at this point, but I wouldn’t go that far.  RV and Roczen both failed to make mains as factory riders.  The idea here is not to compare Max to RV or Roczen, but to make the point that even if riders like RV and Kenny can fail to make the main, anyone can.  Having said that, Max needs better results to keep his factory ride.

3. Mookie.  It just seems to be the same old song and dance. So much talent, but results are inconsistent and the result of crashes.

2. Chase Sexton.  He needs to be up front battling for wins, and he’s not.

1. Jason Anderson.  Last season, Jason engaged in spats with a few riders and it cost him points. It seems he hasn’t learned much.  It’s time to focus on the championship, and going on Twitter and talking crap on Barcia is not a smart move in my opinion.  In the end, Jason ended up on the ground and Barcia on the podium.

Any thoughts to share?

Gonna go point by point…

#5 – Dylan is 100% a motocross guy, he’s racing supercross to keep his job and that’s about it. He seems to see jumps and rhythm sections as a chore rather than a place to gain/lose time. On the small bike, hitting the big line is enough to gain time on others but now he needs to actually make the most out of that line everyone is hitting and either he can’t or he doesn’t want to.

#4 – I said after A1 that 2023 might be less embarrassing for Max and then he straight-up fails to make the main event in San Diego, good God!

#3 – I’ve always said that the best racers never go 100% because whenever you get that close to the limit, you’ll eventually miss and crash. Malcolm Stewart seems to be Nichols-esque guy riding at 100% rather than guys like Eli, Cooper, Chase and such running around at 95-97% so they rarely crash out.

#2 – Chase is having the average Tomac start to a season. San Diego’s result was very much influenced by Justin Barcia being a massive cunt though…

#1 – Jason Anderson’s whole problem in San Diego was a stupid crash on a flat turn while running 3rd, he was actually doing great. I’d love to ask him about that crash, either he landed weird from those small singles or he had some brain fart.

PS: Not too excited about A2, the trackmap makes me think we won’t see that much passing with only 1 long straight ending on a tight turn.

2023 Anaheim 2's track map

wethepeople
        Participant

I would say another pretty good ride for Dylan. He and Roczen were in a similar spot at the beginning outside the top 10. Roczen was able to move up much quicker than Dylan but in the end they ended up close at the end. Needs to work on his intensity at the beginning and he will be fine. Still his best SX start to the premier class so seeing progress is a good thing.

Vohland put himself out of the main event on this one. When the pressure is on he doesn’t seem to be able to handle it well. Just like last year when he was given pretty bad track conditions to qualify for the Triple crown and failed to do so. He should be held to a higher standard with that bike and ride. It’s fair to say maybe he doesn’t deserve it after coming into his 3rd year healthy yet being 30+ seconds down from first place the first race and then failing to qualify because of mental mistakes at round 3? Round 2? Idk what round it is.

I disagree on Mookie being the same old song and dance. He finished 3rd in points last season meaning maybe he was being to cautious and playing it too safe all season. To me he’s being very different this year compared to last year. Maybe he doesn’t care about 3rd place in points. Maybe he wants to send it a little more this year and try and get a win or two instead of being consistent throughout the season like he was last year to finish 3rd in points.

Sexton is not quite as fast as I expected.

I also agree with Jason. Not learning from his mistakes last year. If he wouldn’t have rode the way he did with Mookie last year and made enemies he very well could have been your champion. Seems he doesn’t remember what truly caused him the Championship last year.

Also pretty lousy results so far with Stilez and Kitchen. Stilez once again 30+ seconds off the lead.

I won’t judge much on Pierce just yet. I think he wasn’t coming into the race 100% but I expected him to be within 10 seconds of Jett this season. I heard he was truly fast in the off season.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.