Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AH387
    Participant

Anyone experiment with aftermarket engine mounts? I have the opportunity to buy the lower front WCL titanium fronts (stiffer option) for my YZ250F. Was thinking about trying it, just since the price is right (buying from an individual.) Is it pointless without also doing the upper mount? I can always buy the upper set later, I suppose. I know on that bike some guys just like the stock stuff. I have no complaints either, but since the opportunity is there, I didn’t know if it was something to mess around with and see if it’s an improvement. I’m 40yr old, medium speed for my age, btw.

Looking for any info just to hear about them. Doesn’t have to be YZF related, but obviously bike specific experiences are welcomed. Also, I figured it would give this section some life lol.

dpingree101
      Keymaster
        On AH387 said

Anyone experiment with aftermarket engine mounts? I have the opportunity to buy the lower front WCL titanium fronts (stiffer option) for my YZ250F. Was thinking about trying it, just since the price is right (buying from an individual.) Is it pointless without also doing the upper mount? I can always buy the upper set later, I suppose. I know on that bike some guys just like the stock stuff. I have no complaints either, but since the opportunity is there, I didn’t know if it was something to mess around with and see if it’s an improvement. I’m 40yr old, medium speed for my age, btw.

Looking for any info just to hear about them. Doesn’t have to be YZF related, but obviously bike specific experiences are welcomed. Also, I figured it would give this section some life lol.

These mounts do change the feel of the bike, but it’s very subtle. If you aren’t having issues with the bike now, you’re really just doing it for the look. If it’s a great deal, might be worth it. They look rad.

AH387
        Participant

Thanks. I did end up buying them. I have no issues with the handling of the bike it was just the opportunity to try them was there for a good price, so I jumped on it. We will see how it goes. They do look cool, as a bonus.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.